from the kitchen of Keilah Gaviria
• 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, softened
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 1/2 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s
1-to-1 all purpose)
• 1 tsp cream of tartar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
1. To begin, preheat your oven to 350 and line two pans with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add your butter (or coconut oil), white and brown sugars and beat them together with a
mixer for 1-2 minutes, to “cream” them together. Add your vanilla and egg and lightly beat them again.
3. To the bowl, add your flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir the dry ingredients together
lightly, and then stir all of your ingredients together till you have a smooth, thick cookie batter.
4. In a small, separate bowl, create your cinnamon sugar topping by adding your sugar and cinnamon and stirring
them together till well combined.
5. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop an overflowing scoop of cookie dough and drop it into the bowl with the
cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll it around till it’s completely covered and place it on the baking pan. Continue till
all of your cookies have been coated in the cinnamon sugar mixture and are on the baking pans.
6. Bake each pan in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, or till the edges of the cookies are set and the center looks
a touch underdone.
7. Let your cookies cool completely and then enjoy!