HOMEMADE SPARKLE ORNAMENT
• Foam ball
• Sequins in colors of your choice
• Sequin pins
• Thin ribbon
• (Optional) Rubber Cement w/ no acetone
•1. Start by taking one sequin and pinning it to the foam ball with a sequin pin.
2. Next, start pinning sequins in whatever pattern your heart desires. Continue pinning sequins around the foam ball.
3. Once you only have a small space left at the top of the sequin ornament, use a pin to secure the ribbon and a sequin to the top of the ball so you can hang it on the tree. If necessary, you may add a bit of rubber cement.
AUNT KIMMY’S PISTACHIO CAKE
from the kitchen of Hannah Ostunio
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
• 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
• 4 eggs
• 11⁄2 cups water
• 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
• 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Mix cinnamon and sugar mixture together and sprinkle on the inside of your pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, water, oil, almond extract and green food coloring. Blend ingredients, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
3. Pour into prepared 10-inch tube pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack, then sprinkle with remaining
cinnamon and sugar mixture while freshly hot out of the oven. Let cool completely before serving.