No winter would be complete without a delicious bowl of homemade granola! Hailing from South Africa, Monica Duguid, shares her secrets to mixing delicious nut, fruit, and cinnamon flavors to create this timeless classic with a healthy twist.
from the kitchen of Monica Duguid
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in one big bowl ensuring everything is covered in coconut oil.
2. Bake at 350° F for 28 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, remove from the oven and mix in coconut flakes.
4. Allow to cool before adding the dried fruit.
5. With a spatula, break up the granola and store.
• 4 cups oats
• 1 or 2 cups of mixed nuts (optional)
• 1⁄2 cup quinoa (optional)
• 1⁄4 cup mixed seeds (optional)
• 1⁄2 cup honey or maple syrup
• 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• Dried fruit & coconut flakes (optional)