1. Write your message on the card in a stretched-out version of your own handwriting
2. Thicken each downstroke for an added flair
3. Punch a hole in the corner of your card, attach a ribbon or string and tie around a wrapped bouquet or a vase
CHRISTMAS FLOWER ARRANGEMENT
• Flowers and greenery of your choice. We love to pair Christmas colors together: reds, whites, and greenery
• Ball Mason jars or vases from dollar store, or brown parchment paper from Home Depot to wrap bouquets
1. Cut your stems fresh on a 45-degree angle
2. Pair your florals in 3 different types of flowers/greenery and combine a beautiful bouquet as big or little as you want!
3. Add a handwritten note and gift them to a friend
Decorating your space doesn’t have to be expensive. Check Target dollar section or Hobby Lobby sales and coupons to decorate on a budget!
AUNT KIMMY’S PISTACHIO CAKE
from the kitchen of Hannah Ostunio
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
• 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
• 4 eggs
• 11⁄2 cups water
• 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
• 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Mix cinnamon and sugar mixture together and sprinkle on the inside of your pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, water, oil, almond extract and green food coloring. Blend ingredients, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
3. Pour into prepared 10-inch tube pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack, then sprinkle with remaining
cinnamon and sugar mixture while freshly hot out of the oven. Let cool completely before serving.