If you’re anything like us, and you couldn’t keep away from all the delicious Christmas treats, you’ll definitely want to follow along with this super fun, at-home workout with Juleen Lak and her sisters! Whether you’re a beginner or advanced, this is an exercise plan for everyone!
CHRISTMAS COOKIE WORKOUT
• Pushups: wall push, modified knee push ups, elevated feet push ups
• Squats: hold chair for balance, chair sit down (tap) & up, one leg back on stool (Bulgarian squat), weighted goblet squat, one legged pistol squat
• Burpees: alternating single side jack taps, or jog/march in place
• Mountain Climbers: slower variation (knee up tap back), standing knee raises in place
• Crunches: medicine ball/add weight, Russian twist, v-ups, knees to chest and thrust out
• Dips: off edge of chair or bench with weights or legs straight out
Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come. –1 Timothy 4:8
But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit. –Jude 1:20 NLT
Training for godliness means exercising our faith and trust in God as we read His Word and seek Him to know Him and what He says. As we build up our knowledge of Him, we will grow in confidence that He is good and He is in control. Our faith matures and we are able to rest in Him no matter what our circumstances look like.
Merry Christmas everyone! Keep Jesus in focus. Train up your faith in God & have fun this month with these
• 1 small cookie = 60-100 calories
• This workout = burns 40 to 100 calories (harder you work = more calories)
• Do these exercises for 30 seconds each with a 30 second rest in between (optional)
• if you have any injuries or health conditions, please check with your dr. before trying any of these exercises.
And be sure to modify them so that you can be safe!
• Push Ups
• Mountain Climbers
• Rest for a minute or two and then repeat
• STRETCH when you’re done
TRADER JOE’S PEANUT BUTTER CHIP COOKIES
from the kitchen of Juleen Lak
• 1 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
• 3/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
• 1 C natural peanut butter creamy or crunchy
• 3/4 C white sugar
• 1/2 C packed brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 Tbsp milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 C Trader Joes Peanut Butter Chips
• 1 C TJ Chocolate Chips
• more white sugar for rolling cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350oF.
2. In the large bowl of a mixer, combine the butter, peanut butter and both sugars. Beat until well blended and creamy.
3. Add the egg, mix well and add the vanilla and the milk.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and stir into peanut butter mixture.
5. Mix in both chips. Dough will be crumbly.
6. Gather together about 2 Tbsp at a time, press into a ball and roll in white sugar.
7. Place about 2” apart on an ungreased or paper lined baking sheet and press down lightly with the back of your hand just enough to take away the rounded shape.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just set. Do not overbake.
9. Allow to cool completely and the cookies will finish setting.